Military & Veteran Student Services
- A maximum of 60 credit hours is awarded for a Registered Nurse's license.
- Credit for formal military service schools is awarded based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education's Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (ACE Guide). The credit will be awarded where it is applicable to a student's degree program and in keeping with the basic educational philosophy of Park.
- Credit for military service: 4 credit hours are awarded to students who have successfully completed basic military training. Enlisted personnel may receive additional credit based on their military occupational specialty/skill level. Commissioned personnel may be awarded up to a maximum of 20 credit hours.
- Credit for Validated Learning Equivalency may be awarded for educational experiences based on documentation submitted by the student and with the recommendation of the appropriate Program Coordinator. A student may petition for a maximum of 24 credit hours. No more than 24 hours will be awarded for validated learning experience. Application must be filed prior to taking the final 15 semester hours preceding intended graduation at Park University. Review of Validated Learning Equivalency Petitions will normally take six to eight weeks depending upon the number of courses in the petition. Petitions submitted between April 1 and September 1 may take considerably longer. You can obtain a VLE Petition form from the Registrar or your academic advisor.
- Park University will also accept validated learning from experience that is assessed and trans-scripted under the auspices of selected regionally accredited colleges or universities and also agrees to accept the credit assessment recommendations of specific inter-institutional assessment teams that follow the basic guidelines of the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning and when Park University requirements are met. There is a $30 application fee for this service, and if any credit is awarded, there is a $30 per semester credit hour awarded charge. The per credit hour fees must be paid within 30 days of notification of credit award.
The following credit is awarded for satisfactory completion of the CLEP General Examinations based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE):
- English Composition, English Comp/Essay: 3cr.
- Humanities, Mathematics, Natural Science, Social Science: 6 cr.
- Minimum Accepted Standard Score: 50 as of 7/1/01; 420 before 7/1/01
Transferring CreditsPark University will accept transfer credit from regionally accredited institutions. A minimum of 60 hours will be accepted for an Associates degree (excluding AAS). A maximum of 75 hours from all two-year schools sources will be applied. Use the Registrar's web site for information about transferring credit.
The block method is now used in evaluating the general education component of transferring credit for students with a 2.0 cumulative GPA and with a "C" or better in each course used to meet the 24-26 hour General Education requirement at Park University. No transfer course with a grade less than "C" will be used to meet any Park University course requirement. This applies only to students transferring into Park University with a transferable and non-terminal associate degree, including a minimum of six hours in each of the Divisions of Humanities, Social and Administrative Sciences, and Natural Sciences.
Students who do not have a transferable and non-terminal degree will have their courses accepted on a course by course basis. No course with less than a "C" will be accepted.