Military & Veteran Student Services

Military Transcripts and Records

The American Council on Education (ACE) was created in 1942 to recognize the educational value of military training and experience. Visit the ACE Military Programs website to see how much credit you may have earned from your military training.
  • How to Get Military Service Records
    The National Archives is able to provide Military personnel records for proving proof of military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records by submitted a request to the National Archives.
  • Army
    The Army uses the AARTS system, which automatically captures your academic credits from military training, and Standardized tests. The AARTS system is available to enlisted soldiers only. AARTS Transcript Delivery Web Site
    Army Officers must use the form DD 295 (Application for Evaluation of Learning) to report their military training and experience.
  • Navy and Marines
    The Navy and Marine Corps use the SMART system. This system automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. SMART Homepage
  • Air Force
    The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores. Transcript information may be viewed at theCCAF web site.
  • Coast Guard
    The Coast Guard Institute (CGI) requires each service member to submit documentation of all training (except correspondence course records), along with an enrollment form, to receive a transcript.
  • Veterans
    Under most circumstances, Veterans are eligible to use their former service branches transcript program. However if you are not eligible for AARTS, SMART, CCAF, or CGI systems, you will need to fill out form DD-295 (Officers/Warrant Officers) and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit of your experience.

  • Source: Education