Certificate in the Leadership of International Healthcare Organizations
About the Certificate ProgramThe Leadership of International Healthcare Organizations graduate certificate provides students with knowledge and skills related to the administrative and management aspects of international health. This certificate also provides a relevant education for students within the Master of Healthcare Administration program by adding an international health focus. It offers an additional and unique educational opportunity for students in the Master of Business Administration and Master of Public Affairs programs who have an interest in international health.To accommodate those students whose visa requirements necessitate face-to-face courses, the certificate courses and the electives are offered in both face-to-face and online formats.
Specifically, the certificate focuses on the following goals:
- Providing students with instruction in the management and leadership issues unique to international health care organizations.
- Creating an opportunity for students to gain more in-depth knowledge of the operation of international health care organizations.
- Providing theoretical as well as applied learning experiences in the administration of international health care organizations.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Students must submit an essay describing their academic and career background, and reasons why they wish to pursue the Leadership of International Healthcare Organizations certificate.
CurriculumThe certificate consists of four interdisciplinary courses for a total of 12 credit hours.
- HA511 Leadership and Management in Healthcare Systems 3 cr.
Theory integration courses (choose three courses) 9 cr.
- HA 532 Healthcare Services and Systems for Diverse Populations 3 cr.
- HA 533 Managerial Epidemiology 3 cr.
- HA 537 Policy and Politics of Healthcare 3 cr.
- HA 604 Healthcare Economics 3 cr.
- MBA 660 Strategic Global Business Management 3 cr.
- PA 503 Emerging Issues in Public Affairs 3 cr.
- PA 545 Management of Nonprofit Organizations 3 cr.
*Note: Students may be eligible to substitute HA 521 (Special Topics: Independent Study in Healthcare Services) or another course emphasizing international relations for one of the three courses listed above with the permission of the director of the Master of Healthcare Administration program.